I stir together my chicken-and-rice cream soup whenever we’re craving something warm and comforting. Reduced-fat and reduced-sodium ingredients make it a healthier option.—Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, mix the first eight ingredients until blended. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until rice is tender.
- Stir in chicken and spinach. Cook, covered, on low 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Chicken Wild Rice Soup with Spinach in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014