Herbed Chicken & Spinach Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in spinach; cook 30 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups with 1 tablespoon cheese: 331 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 23, 2017
Hubby enjoyed it. A tad bland for my taste but still a keeper for my regular rotation.
Feb 27, 2014
A delicious, well rounded, heart-warming soup! I'll make again for my friends next week.