Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber, patted dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Pita bread wedges or snack rye bread
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, white pepper, dill and food coloring if desired; beat until smooth. Stir in cucumber and onion. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita or snack rye bread.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 66 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Jan 16, 2014
We liked it! Different from the dips we're used to, bu certainly good!
Apr 28, 2013
Real benedictine has no mayo, no dill, no pulp of onion or cucumber, just the juice, and lots of it. Paul's market has the most authentic version in their deli case.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.