Cucumber Dill Spread
For a delightfully different way to serve refreshing cucumbers, try this recipe. This creamy spread is so good with crackers or vegetables.—Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup finely diced seeded cucumber
- Assorted crackers or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the lemon juice, onion, dill, horseradish and pepper sauce. Fold in cucumber. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 23 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cucumber Dill Spread in Taste of Home June/July 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.