- 5 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine the berries, lemon juice, zest and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off any foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Canning Altitude Jam-JellyThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
2 tablespoons: 86 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.