Fancy Berry Beverage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and pureed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl or container, combine the first five ingredients; stir until smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Fold in whipped cream. Slowly add ginger ale; stir gently to mix. Pour into glasses. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 261 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 1, 2018
This is the special drink our family enjoys during the holidays. I have left out the heavy whipping cream and it is so good! I’ve since this post updated the recipe. I use diet soda, used a sweetener like Splenda, and used unsweetened strawberries to make it a bit healthier. I suppose you could use a low or no sugar ice cream also. It’s still a wonderful drink to enjoy during the holidays!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.