Mini Hot Browns
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 18 slices snack rye bread
- 6 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Dissolve bouillon in water; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; add cream and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from heat.
- Place bread on two baking sheets. Layer each slice with turkey, onion and cheese mixture. Bake until heated through, 10-12 minutes. (Or preheat broiler and broil until edges of bread are crisp and sauce is bubbly, 3-5 minutes.) Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 98 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 2, 2013
Great Kentucky tradition. Back home they add a slice of tomato in lieu of a slice of onion. For me, I like to have both on my hot brown.
May 25, 2012
Delicious and very easy
Jul 7, 2011
This is wonderful....quick and delious.....perfect for Bunco get together....