Mini Hot Browns
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 18 slices snack rye bread
- 6 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Dissolve bouillon in water; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; add cream and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from heat.
- Place bread on two baking sheets. Layer each slice with turkey, onion and cheese mixture. Bake until heated through, 10-12 minutes. (Or preheat broiler and broil until edges of bread are crisp and sauce is bubbly, 3-5 minutes.) Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 98 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 2, 2013
Great Kentucky tradition. Back home they add a slice of tomato in lieu of a slice of onion. For me, I like to have both on my hot brown.
May 25, 2012
Delicious and very easy
Jul 7, 2011
This is wonderful....quick and delious.....perfect for Bunco get together....