These roll-ups from our Test Kitchen are sliced thick, then stacked slightly askew to resemble a backbone. Feel free to use other fillings.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 12 thin slices hard salami
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Spread 2 tablespoons of spreadable cheese over each tortilla. Layer with spinach, ham, salami and cheese. Sprinkle with peppers. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut each into six slices. On a serving plate, stack roll-ups to resemble a spine.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 278 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1009mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Back Bone Roll Ups in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Nov 2, 2014
Have made these many times for my husbands art show and always a hit
Nov 20, 2012
I have made it a number of times for gatherings and even my husbands lunch!
Oct 3, 2012
My husband requests it. Making it for our next party!