Round Steak Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut meat into six serving-size pieces; pound to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine the vegetables, cheese and seasonings; place 1/3 cup in the center of each piece. Roll meat up around filing; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Discard toothpicks. Serve roll-ups and sauce with spaghetti. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 289 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Apr 15, 2015
Too strong of a pepper flavor. The kids hated it.
Apr 13, 2010
Jan 30, 2010
i cook alot but this is a first for me. this meal was very tasty. the only thing i noticed the meat shrunk to half its size. maybe i kept it in the crock pot to long. other than that i would definitely make this meal again.
Feb 24, 2009
Excellent flavor. I didn't have any carrots and only had green peppers, but it was wonderful just the same!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.