Asparagus Beef Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 36 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 to 5 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) thinly sliced roast beef
- In a large skillet, bring 1-1/2 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish. Pat beef slices dry with paper towels. Spread each slice with a thin layer of cream cheese mixture; top with an asparagus spear. Roll up tightly. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 101 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 11, 2012
Took these for appetizer day at work and they were a hit!
Feb 8, 2012
Always a hit!! Looks difficult but it is oh so easy! Makes a pretty presentation also.
Dec 29, 2011
Loved the flavor but had a hard time spreading the cream cheese on the roast beef.
Dec 15, 2011
I LOVE this recipe. I am ask to bring it to all gatherings. It is beautiful and tastes wonderful. It makes a nice presentation and gets so many praises!
Apr 10, 2011
I served these last night @ my dinner party and everyone loved them - Thanks for sharing the recipe..
Dec 26, 2010
Use 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice mixed with 8 ounces of plain cream cheese and horseradish as an alternative to chive and onion cream cheese. Yummo ;-)
Dec 26, 2010
I have this made this recipe a number of times and it always seems to be enjoyed by all
Nov 30, 2010
Very good and fairly easy to make.
Dec 5, 2008
These are wonderful and they have been a big hit everytime I'll served them. I have had so many requests for this recipe!