Asparagus Ham Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 16 strips
- 8 thin slices deli ham or prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 16 whole chives
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place an asparagus spear, red pepper strip and cheese strip on each piece of ham. Roll up tightly; tie with a chive. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 69 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 30, 2015
Super simple and tasty! They disappear quick
Jun 25, 2013
Quick, attractive, and tasty!
Mar 6, 2013
This recipe has been "borrowed" by Sam's Club®. Look here http://www3.samsclub.com/meals/recipes/asparagus-ham-roll-ups-recipe?pid=EMC_20130306_5&rid=1100746608&cid=promoemail.
Apr 17, 2012
Absolutely delish! I blanched all the vegs (even the chives) before assembling. I froze them individually on a cookie sheet. To serve, I thawed, and heated 10 mins at 350 or til warm (cold didn't appeal to me). Received huge raves from my company.
Apr 8, 2012
Nov 24, 2011
It was a hit at Thanksgiving! I had to use Havarti Dill cheese as that's all they had and I used Prosciutto. I left the spear fairly long and wrapped the meat around and around. The tie wtih the chives was perfect. Lots of compliments.
Jul 11, 2011
Delicious! We just made them for my Mom's housewarming party. We used Pickled Asparagus instead of cooked, & it was a hit! :)
Jun 19, 2011
Cute and easy! Delicious! Rave reviews!
May 29, 2011
Without blanching the green onions to tie these up broke. With that extra step, it worked. Everyone raved and are still asking me for the recipe.
Apr 28, 2011
Made this as an Easter appetizer - it was a great hit with everyone! It's an easy to make, pretty presentation that's healthy and refreshing. A great way to start a meal or for finger-foods. It got rave reviews from everyone - I'll definitely make it again as an appetizer or for a cocktail party!