Asparagus Appetizer Roll-ups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 container (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, bacon and green onion. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin; spread tops with cream cheese mixture. Trim asparagus 2 in. longer than bread. Place two spears on each slice; roll up bread and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 19, 2018
I use canned asparagus and crescent rolls, looks pretty, the fresh asparagus was alittle stringy
Apr 16, 2013
My family requests this dish on special occasions. The only thing different is that I steam the asparagus first. Yum!
May 22, 2012
I thought these were just ok. They weren't bad, they just weren't "wow" worthy.
Jul 16, 2011
This is a great appetizer and very easy to make. I added a little Tabasco sauce to my filling, and it really gave it some zip!
Apr 25, 2011
Big hit, even those who don't care for asparagus loved the appetizer. Wonderful leftover as well!
Apr 25, 2011
I made these for Easter Lunch and they were a huge hit, even for those who are otherwise not to keen on asparagus! Don't skimp on the cream cheese spread and you won't be sorry.My only comment is that they need to be cooked for longer than 10-12 minutes to brown the Parmesan cheese. I found the time to be closer to 16-20 minutes in two different ovens. I don't want to shortchange the cooking of the asparagus, but might try also increasing the oven temp by 25 degrees (F) or so.
Apr 12, 2011
Wonderful! Have made this numerous times. Try substituting chive/onion cream cheese.
Apr 8, 2010
I try tomake something with Asparagus every year for Easter brunch. I made this and everyone loved it! The only drawback is that they will want it next year too and I won't be able to try something new!
Mar 27, 2010
Made this for a missions committee meeting - even people who are not big asparagus fans loved it! Easy & delicious!
Nov 6, 2009
Whenever we get invited out to a potluck gathering, this is one of my first choices to take and share with our friends.