- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, lemon peel, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture, mixing just until moistened. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Zucchini Nut Bread
"Best zucchini bread ever! I make it without nuts for my kids. I almost always use lemon extract instead of the zest because I usually don't have a lemon on hand."
"I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I'm required to rate it. But, I will say this: If this zucchini bread tastes anything like my aunt's I'm going to love it."
"This bread rose the highest of any zucchini bread I have ever made! I used 7 3/4 x 4 1/2 pans and the loaves rose 1/2 inch over the top of the pan. They still came out of the pan just fine. The bread is moist and delicious. The lemon zest gives it a sparkle of flavor. Yay for a new go-to zucchini bread recipe!"
"I made it exactly except for lemon zest(didn't have any). Very good recipe great flavor not too dense and flavorful. Will make again"
"Made 6 loaves last week! Best zucchini bread ever!"