Zucchini Nut Bread Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, lemon peel, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture, mixing just until moistened. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Zucchini Nut Bread(52)
Sort By :
Very good. For a healthier bread, I reduced the sugar to 1 1/2 cups, replaced 1 cup of flour with wheat flour (2 cups white, 1 cup wheat) and used part applesauce in place of oil (about 2/3 cup applesauce and 1/3 cup oil). Also omitted the lemon peel just because I didn't have lemons on hand.
Swapped out melted margrine and only used a 1.5 cup of sugar. Delish!!
Enjoyed the flavor that the lemon peel added!! I've made it before but not with lemon!!!
This is absolutely delicious. It was a hit with all my family members including my grandchildren. I did add an additional tsp of vanilla, 1/4 heaping tsp of cinnamon plus 1/4 heaping tsp each nutmeg and cloves. I am definitely making this again.
Delicious. For portion control, I made this recipe into 24 muffins. Everyone loved them!
More Recipe Collections
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Bread Recipes >