- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants or chopped raisins
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and currants.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Zucchini Muffins
Sort By :
"Excellent. I substituted dried cranberries in place of the raisins. I found the batter to be quite thick but it did work. My recipe made eight medium muffins. Not six. Will definitely make these again."
"Used wheat free flour (Pamela's) and dried blueberries instead of raisins. They came out great!! But I'd use fresh blueberries next time or raisins."
"I gave a 4 star because it did not seem to be enough to make 6 muffins although i did make some changes to this.. But with the changes I did not take away or add anything extra. I simply substituted a couple things. But nontheless it tasted amazing.I used pecans instead of walnuts because it was what I had on hand. I used coconut oil instead of canola oil. And because it didn't seem to be enough to make 6 muffins I baked this in a loaf pan. And after i spread it in the pan, I topped with more zucchini and nuts. And sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top and a small handful of semi sweet chocolate chips. It came out so good, it was delicious!! Baked for about 40 minutes.Next time I will go by some of the suggestions and use whole wheel flour instead of white and add some chia seeds for extra nutrition and add a tbsp or 2 of almond milk. :)Definitely a keeper!!"
"Excellent recipe!! I like to make it just as stated but i had no currants or raisins in the house but i did have craisins and they worked well, too. Next time will use raisins..thank you for a wonderful recipe!!"
"Super easy, tasty and a great way to use extra summer zucchini!"