Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants or chopped raisins
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and currants.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Zucchini Muffins(19)
Sort By :
Best zucchini recipe ever! I made these in tiny loaf pans and they are a huge hit!!! I've had friends bring me zucchini and pay me to make more for them! I do it without the currants, but with the walnuts, and I sub coconut oil for the canola oil - absolutely divine! I make a double batch and it does 9 mini loaves,
This makes a nice small batch of muffins. Next time I might double the recipe. They are super moist and very yummy!
I would have rated this 5 stars if I had felt the batter didn't need a bit more liquid. Here's what I did (by the way, they were delicious). This is a keeper.
I doubled the recipe and got 12 perfect muffins in my black OXO silicone muffin pans (baked for exactly 22 min.)
I omitted the currants/raisins, kids didn't want them. I added about 2 tsp. vanilla; 3 tbsp Chia seeds (good and nutritious, like poppy seeds); 3-4 tbsp milk to moisten up the batter before baking.
Also, because of another rating I read, I did double the eggs, but decided, after whipping them to take about 1 tbsp out as not to make them too eggy tasking.
Delicious!!! You can cut the calories & fat significantly (more than half) if you use sugar & egg substitutes and don't use nuts or raisins.
Nice basic muffin. You really do need to double the batch, maybe even more - the doubled batch only made 6 jumbo muffins for me.