Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the cabbage in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, salt if desired and pepper; spoon over cabbage.
- Combine soup and water; pour over beef mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until rice and cabbage are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole
Sort By :
"My husband is a chef and is picky about my cooking. But he absolute loved this recipe and it did not last long. I will definitely do this recipe again soon!"
"If you like stuffed cabbage, this recipe is much easier than rolling everything into cabbage leaves. It's easy, a crowd pleaser & delicious. To add an extra zippy taste, add chili powder in to the soup & water mixture."
"Hubby & me like this dish..I add more ground beef & onion & garlic..keep everything else the same...easy & delicious!!!"
"Easy to make and tastes just like Mom used to make but without the hassle. I filled a 9 X 13 glass baking dish with chopped cabbage, used a lot more ground beef (1 1/2-2 lbs.)& 26 oz. can of soup, and also substituted Orzo for rice, as my boyfriend doesn't care for rice, and he loved it. I always use Campbell's soup, as it has a distinct flavor and that's what Mom used also. I didn't care for the cheese on top because Mom never put cheese on the stuffed cabbage, but that's just my taste. This is one of those dishes that taste better the next day, and I may start making double batches for that reason. It's so easy and so good that it's my go-to dish when it's stormy and you want comfort food to warm you up. Definately passing this recipe on to family and friends!!"
"This recipe was ok...but it was lacking something???? I'm not sure what...too much cabbage not enough other things. Maybe needs some more veggies, etc??"