Tricolor Pasta Salad Recipe
To accompany the sandwiches, serve Tricolor Pasta Salad from Lorraine Darocha of Berkshire, Massachusetts. Pretty pasta spirals and convenient frozen veggies are tossed with a light dressing to make this colorful medley. "For vegetarians, you can add protein-rich chickpeas or beans to make it a main dish," Lorraine recommends.
- 1 package (16 ounces) Daily Chef Garden Rotini
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place vegetables in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 minutes or until thawed; drain. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine the pasta, vegetables and olives.
- Combine salad dressing and garlic salt if desired; pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tricolor Pasta Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p20
Reviews for Tricolor Pasta Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review