Tricolor Pepper Pasta
I am a big fan of pasta, and this dish is one of my favorites. It's very colorful and flavorful.—Roxanne Lynnes, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 each large sweet red, yellow and green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the peppers, onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, salt, basil and pepper. Drain pasta; add to vegetables and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 230 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Tricolor Pepper Pasta in Country Woman July/August 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.