Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 each large sweet red, yellow and green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the peppers, onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, salt, basil and pepper. Drain pasta; add to vegetables and toss to coat.
1 cup: 230 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.