Speedy Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed
- Preheat broiler. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix mashed potatoes and remaining cheese; spread over beef mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 5-6 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Shepherd's Pie(7)
Sort By :
I make it with an envelope of onion soup mix and a bag of frozen veggies. Has alot of flavor!
This is actually Cottage pie. Shepherds Pie is made with Lamb.
I would add one drained can of corn to the bottom and omit the taco seasoning and cheese and add gravy or cream soup to the hamburger.
Easy to make and fast! Very good tasting. I think next time though I might add a can of corn to it before the potatoes go on it.
I made this the other night, but made just a few tweeks. Instead of adding taco seasoning to the meat, I made my own spices, using Johnny salt, garlic, and rosemary. I made real mashed potates with garlic. I spread the hamburger (and cheese) mix on the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan, and put the potatoes (and cheese) on top, then topped with more cheese. It came out pretty good, and is a good, quick stand-by recipe to go to. I will make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >