Speedy Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed
- Preheat broiler. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix mashed potatoes and remaining cheese; spread over beef mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 5-6 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"LOL and what are left over mashed potatoes? I never have those as left overs.But this is good anyway even if I have to make the mashed potatoes."
"This is a wonderful recipe! I made it for my family to help my mom and I did not need any help. I have made it 2 times now and the second time I added one bag of microwavable mixed veggies. I also used instant mashed potatoes. Also, the broiling is optional if you don't care about it looking professional. I used 2 lbs. of beef to make it feed 6 instead of four and used garlic powder instead of cloves. It was a great, quick dish for a teen to make after a busy day!"
"I make it with an envelope of onion soup mix and a bag of frozen veggies. Has alot of flavor!"
"This is actually Cottage pie. Shepherds Pie is made with Lamb."
"I would add one drained can of corn to the bottom and omit the taco seasoning and cheese and add gravy or cream soup to the hamburger."