Speedy Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed
- Preheat broiler. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix mashed potatoes and remaining cheese; spread over beef mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 5-6 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
This is a wonderful recipe! I made it for my family to help my mom and I did not need any help. I have made it 2 times now and the second time I added one bag of microwavable mixed veggies. I also used instant mashed potatoes. Also, the broiling is optional if you don't care about it looking professional. I used 2 lbs. of beef to make it feed 6 instead of four and used garlic powder instead of cloves. It was a great, quick dish for a teen to make after a busy day!
I make it with an envelope of onion soup mix and a bag of frozen veggies. Has alot of flavor!
This is actually Cottage pie. Shepherds Pie is made with Lamb.
I would add one drained can of corn to the bottom and omit the taco seasoning and cheese and add gravy or cream soup to the hamburger.
Easy to make and fast! Very good tasting. I think next time though I might add a can of corn to it before the potatoes go on it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >