- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed
- Preheat broiler. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix mashed potatoes and remaining cheese; spread over beef mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 5-6 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"My two-year-old son who is very picky at dinner had to helpings of this! It was delicious and full of flavor. Next time I think I will add corn into the beef mixture. I used garlic powder instead of fresh garlic."
"LOL and what are left over mashed potatoes? I never have those as left overs.But this is good anyway even if I have to make the mashed potatoes."
"This is a wonderful recipe! I made it for my family to help my mom and I did not need any help. I have made it 2 times now and the second time I added one bag of microwavable mixed veggies. I also used instant mashed potatoes. Also, the broiling is optional if you don't care about it looking professional. I used 2 lbs. of beef to make it feed 6 instead of four and used garlic powder instead of cloves. It was a great, quick dish for a teen to make after a busy day!"
"I make it with an envelope of onion soup mix and a bag of frozen veggies. Has alot of flavor!"
"This is actually Cottage pie. Shepherds Pie is made with Lamb."