Simple Ground Beef Shepherd’s Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, peas and carrots. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 522 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1371mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 9g fiber), 29g protein.
Feb 12, 2014
I used three cups of frozen mixed veggies and instead of two cans of cream of potato I used one can and a can of cream of mushroom. also added onion when browning the ground beef. very good.
Jan 3, 2014
Dec 2, 2013
This was delicious, and a great dish to make with leftover Thanksgiving mashed potatoes! I added corn instead of carrots and it was delicious. Definitely a good comfort food on a chilly night.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.