Simple Ground Beef Shepherd’s Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, peas and carrots. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 522 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1371mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 9g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2014
I used three cups of frozen mixed veggies and instead of two cans of cream of potato I used one can and a can of cream of mushroom. also added onion when browning the ground beef. very good.
Jan 3, 2014
Dec 2, 2013
This was delicious, and a great dish to make with leftover Thanksgiving mashed potatoes! I added corn instead of carrots and it was delicious. Definitely a good comfort food on a chilly night.