This recipe is very popular here in the South. It's a particular favorite at our house because we always have plenty of sweet potatoes in our garden. Try it with a dollop of whipped cream. —Bonnie Holcomb, Fulton, Mississippi
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the potatoes, eggs, corn syrup, butter and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Southern Sweet Potato Pie in Country October/November 1994, p51
Reviews for Southern Sweet Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review