Southern Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the potatoes, eggs, corn syrup, butter and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southern Sweet Potato Pie(18)
Sort By :
Please lose the ad that prints with Taste of Home recipes. We do not need to waste the ink on yet another ad.
Somehow I ended up adding too much butter to the recipe. It was still tasty & edible.
This recipe looked so simple that I thought I would try it since this is my oldest grandson's favorite dessert. It was certainly not that good and no, I would not ever make it again. Will stick with my tried and true recipe that my grandson requests every Christmas or holiday that he spends with us.
This was the best sweet potato pie that I've ever eaten. I'll never try another recipe again.
This turned out wonderfully! Not too sweet. I was not sure when to add in the dry ingredients since that step was missing in the recipe.