- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the potatoes, eggs, corn syrup, butter and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southern Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
"I baked it and loved it..very tasty without strong flavor of cinnamon and nutmeg..just sweet enough!"
"I had the best sweet potato pie from Mrs. Ramsey mother of our own hall of fame basketball star but she was more famous for a lot of us for her cooking and this recipe is darn near closes to it . My family loves it"
"I always cook sweet potatoe pies for my family for Thanksgiving an Christmas but this year I wanted to try taste of home recipe I did and my family loved it of course I added a little more sugar but for the most part it was worth it. Thank you taste of home."
"This was my husband and I 1st time making a sweet potato pie and We both agree that the pie is definitely not sweet enough and missing some main ingredients we made a 2nd one and we left out the flour and add cinnamon and brown sugar and a little more nutmeg with some vanilla extract and more sweet potatoes and ole boy was it delicious"
"I just made these pies today for the second time. I would suggest as I have done both times to add 2 or more cups of sweet potatoes and cut back on a bit of the sugar. Other than that, this pie is so so so good!!"