Simple Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) home-style beef gravy
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each casserole):
- 2 to 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the gravy, vegetables and onion. Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish or four oven-safe 2-cup dishes. Top with mashed potatoes. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Place the remaining beef mixture in a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To prepare frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator; transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with the potatoes, butter and paprika; bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews for Simple Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"This is a quick and easy recipe! I used some leftover ground veal and added some cubed and sauteed mushrooms along with the veggies. Started fixing it at 4, we were eating at 5."
"The Way I would make this is to simply take left over Beef Stew and put it in a large baking dish and put moist Mashed Potatoes on top n bake it for a hour with bisquits."
"Sorry, this is five stars!"
"I had never made Shepherd's Pie and tried this recipe. I didn't have canned gravy, so made my own using bouillion. I added celery, garlic, although I don't think I'd use garlic the next time. My husband and I really liked this and I will make it again."