Shredded Barbecue Beef Recipe
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 5 pounds), halved
- 3 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine the celery salt, garlic powder and onion powder; rub over brisket. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine liquid smoke if desired and hot pepper sauce; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast and cool slightly. Strain cooking juices, reserving 1/2 cup. Shred met with two forks; place in a large saucepan. Add the barbecue sauce and reserved cooking juices; heat through. Serve about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each roll. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Shredded Barbecue Beef(4)
Sort By :
Super yummy! Great flavor and very tender.
Love the flavor! I used 2 2-1/2 pound briskets that were thin cut (like a ham steak) and they cooked in about 4 hours. The BBQ coated the shreds, but it was not overly saturated with sauce. If you like a lot of sauce be sure to use a smaller brisket or more sauce.
This is WONDERFUL and easy to make. I make this when I have company over and everyone loves it !!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Brisket >