- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine the celery salt, garlic powder and onion powder; rub over brisket. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine liquid smoke if desired and hot pepper sauce; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and cool slightly. Discard all but 1/2 cup cooking juices; whisk barbecue sauce into cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker and mix well. Heat through. Serve about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each roll. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Shredded Barbecue Beef
Sort By :
"I will never use any other recipe. This is the *one I will use from now on. The aroma filled my entire house and I couldn't wait to try it! After trying my first bite-the flavor did not disappoint! I will never use another brisket recipe. So glad I found this. Thank you so much for sharing. All of my friends and family were raving the whole night."
"Super yummy! Great flavor and very tender."
"Love the flavor! I used 2 2-1/2 pound briskets that were thin cut (like a ham steak) and they cooked in about 4 hours. The BBQ coated the shreds, but it was not overly saturated with sauce. If you like a lot of sauce be sure to use a smaller brisket or more sauce."
"This is WONDERFUL and easy to make. I make this when I have company over and everyone loves it !!!"