- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound haddock fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (41-50 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours.
- Stir in seafood. Cook, covered, 20-30 minutes longer or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink.
- Remove bay leaf. Stir in parsley. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood Cioppino
Sort By :
"Everyone loved this!! I'll make this again for sure!"
"I love seafood, but not this. My son thought it was "okay." Me..... delete!"
"This looks much better than the recipe I usually use. The crockpot is the way to go with cioppino because it blends the flavors beautifully. For added flavor, try cooking the haddock on the barbecue first, then add it to the sauce. Yum! Can't wait to make this."
"Been making a variation of this on Christmas Eve for years. It's our crowd-size version of the 7 Fishes Dinner. I always felt that something was missing; a certain heartiness. Then I discovered this recipe....THANK YOU! I think the tomato paste and vegetable broth are just what I have been needing and cannot wait to include them this year. I'm certain they're the ingredients that have kept my version from being 5 stars."
"My family really liked this recipe. While I've made a much more complex Cioppino this was so good with little effort. I added red pepper flakes for a little bite. I'll be making this again!"