After enjoying a similar dish in Italy, we came home and planted sage in our garden to be sure we could recreate it. Such a quick and easy weeknight supper using the fruits of our labor and it always brings back fond memories of our trip. —Rhonda Hamilton, Portsmouth, Ohio
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli or 2 packages (9 ounces each) mushroom agnolotti
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Immediately stir in sage and salt; remove from heat.
- Drain ravioli, reserving 2 tablespoons pasta water. Add ravioli, pasta water and lemon juice to butter mixture; gently toss to coat. Serve with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sage & Browned Butter Ravioli in Taste of Home September/October 2013, pjls
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sage & Browned Butter Ravioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review