Mexican Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 to 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, picante sauce and sour cream, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, vinegar, garlic and seasonings; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook beef in remaining oil for 2-4 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Spoon meat and vegetables onto tortillas. If desired, top with cheese and serve with picante sauce and sour cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mexican Steak Fajitas
Sort By :
I liked it that this was so quick and easy to fix. It also tasted really good. I didn't have any green pepper so I changed that. I thought I would try putting some carrot circles in it, and that tasted really good. Would like to have the nutritional analysis printed.
We all really enjoyed these fajitas. My three year old that doesn't like onions and peppers like them! I think next time I make them I will let the meat marinade longer for a little stronger flavor.
try with pico de gallo: cilantro, tomato, onion, and some jalapeno or serrano pepper all diced up and mixed together in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice..
Best steak fajitas ever...I don't imagine any changes are actually needed, however this is what I did differently: apple cider vinegar, couple sprinkles of Texas style chili powder, little soy sauce. I also combined all meat, veggies, and marinade in a plastic bag for a couple of hours in the frig. Then just cooked everything right in a skillet on the stove. I also made the homemade tortilla recipe from TOH....so good!
I couldn't believe how good these where! They were very tasty.