- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a skillet, cook sausage for 2-3 minutes. Stir in onion and peppers. Cook and stir until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Combine brown sugar, steak sauce, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; stir into skillet. Add beans. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Kielbasa and Kidney Beans
Sort By :
"I have made this many times now and love it as a quick easy meal. I have used potatoes instead of the beans and tastes great that way too! I double the sauce each time and use less brown sugar than is called for."
"A very satisfying dish for a busy day. Next time I will use a little less sugar, just personal taste."
"Super easy and fast. Could substitute any kind of sausage or even use chicken. A little sweet for me but that can also be changed. Definitely serve over rice."
"Very, Very tasty. Even my 1 yr. old ate it up. We also served it over rice to make it a heartier meal."
"I think the steak sauce gives it a little zip. Love the recipe because it is quick and flavorful."