- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3/4 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 4 thin slices red onion
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and remaining jerk seasoning; spread over tortillas. Spread chutney over cream cheese. Layer with the lettuce, chicken, red pepper and onion. Roll up tightly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Jerk Chicken Wraps
"Great homemade wrap! I love mango chutney and it paired nicely with the chutney. I could have had more jerk seasoning, but all in all a very light and fresh meal."
"Really good! I was skeptical at first with how the cream cheese and chutney would taste but it made a great spread! I used a friend's jerk sauce instead of seasoning (just dumped a bunch on each piece of chicken as they were cooking). I couldn't find chutney in the store so I used peach-mango preserves. These were really good!"
"I substituted a mango salsa for the chutney. Easy to prepare and delicious."
"I made my jerk seasoning from scratch and used 6 times the recipes amount on my chicken (I like my chicken seasoned). I didn't measure out cream cheese (I used the neufachtuel [spl?] stuff) or chutney, just mixed jerk and cheese till it looked lightly seasoned and spread a small spoonful of chutney around for a light coating (I took another reviewers advice and went light on the chutney). Mixed greens instead of lettuce and I used wheat tortillas (taco size)...I think that's all the alteration I did. Oh - just a note, there were two varieties of mango chutney at the store, sweet & spicy and spicy - I bought sweet and spicy - heat was mild (like jerk can be) but very flavorful.Anyway - fantastic! Great combination of flavors, light but filling. Will definitely be making this again."
"These were good and definitely quick; however, I thought that the taste of the mango chutney overpowered the flavor of the jerk seasoning. I may try leaving it off next time, but that may make them too dry. My picky husband liked them. Good with sweet potato chips and Carrot Pineapple Slaw (Cooking Light)."