- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine or additional beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Add roast beef, broth, wine and seasonings; heat through. Place beef slices on rolls; drizzle with broth mixture. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Steak Sandwiches
Sort By :
"So easy... next time I'll go heavy on the broth and wine and use as a dipping sauce!"
"This was an instant family fave!!!"
"My family requests these sandwiches--easy to make, simple and delicious!"
"These sandwiches are SO easy to make and take no time at all to fix! The best thing is they taste great!"