- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef sirloin tip steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Rub over both sides of beef. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Grill beef, covered, over medium heat on a greased grill rack or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
3 ounces cooked beef: 160 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.