Zippy Pork Chili
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/4 hours
Makes10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each ) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Chili powder, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Sour cream, tortilla chips and Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat canola oil over medium heat. Brown pork in batches until no longer pink. Add onion; cook until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add beans, tomatoes, water, bouillon and seasonings to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until meat is tender, about 2 hours. If desired, serve with sour cream, tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 303 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 2, 2019
Made it with leftover smoked pork butt. Added more chili powder, also. Yum!
Oct 14, 2017
So tasty! After browning the pork, I made mine in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours. I probably added 2-3 Tbsp of Chili Powder...may add a bit more next time!
Sep 13, 2010
Loved this chili took it to a potluck and everyone liked it. I used 1/4 c. chili powder, 1 t. pepper and 1/2 t. cayenne.
Jan 12, 2010
Even our pickiest eater(we had to tell her it was pork chop soup)had seconds!