Zippy Pork Chili
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/4 hours
Makes10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each ) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Chili powder, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Sour cream, tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat canola oil over medium heat. Brown pork in batches until no longer pink. Add onion; cook until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add beans, tomatoes, water, bouillon and seasonings to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until meat is tender, about 2 hours. If desired, serve with sour cream, tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 303 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Oct 14, 2017
So tasty! After browning the pork, I made mine in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours. I probably added 2-3 Tbsp of Chili Powder...may add a bit more next time!
Sep 13, 2010
Loved this chili took it to a potluck and everyone liked it. I used 1/4 c. chili powder, 1 t. pepper and 1/2 t. cayenne.
Jan 12, 2010
Even our pickiest eater(we had to tell her it was pork chop soup)had seconds!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.