Whiskey Sirloin Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup whiskey or apple cider
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound and 1 inch thick)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 5 ingredients; add the beef and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place beef on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 1e5°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 168 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Apr 18, 2019
the best marinade ! thank you
Oct 16, 2017
This is soooooo good and easy to prepare.
Feb 12, 2017
This is my go-to recipe for steak marinade, partly because it's so easy and quick to mix up, but mainly because it's delicious. I use whiskey to make the marinade for London broil and I everyone loves it.
Oct 28, 2015
I used apple cider vinegar instead of the whiskey. I also used venison steak. The meat comes out tender. My husband enjoyed the dish.
Apr 23, 2013
Loved this!!! I used vension steak and blackberry flavored whiskey and it was great. For all you hunters this is a keeper!
Aug 25, 2011
Was a little sweet for my taste. Very tender, simple to make and quick! Definitely a make again!
Mar 1, 2011
Excellent flavor! I marinated overnight and used apple cider vinegar instead of whiskey. Although the flavor was great, my steak was a little tough. Next time I will either try a different cut of meat or grilling on low instead of broiling. The marinade is definitely a keeper though.
Jan 18, 2011
This recipe was very good! I made with the apple cider instead of actual whiskey. I marinated my meat for about 10 hours and it was fantastic. I will be making this again!
Apr 20, 2010
Wow! Fantastic, even my picky kids liked it!
Feb 2, 2010
I used whiskey.....we all loved it! Next time I'll try flat iron steak....no steak sauce needed with this one!