Sirloin with Blue Cheese Butter
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, butter, walnuts, parsley and 3/4 teaspoon rosemary. Shape into a 5-in. log; wrap and refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes.
- In a small food processor, combine the garlic cloves, salt, pepper and remaining rosemary. Cover and process until blended. Rub over both sides of steaks.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Unwrap blue cheese butter; cut two 1/2-in.-slices from log. Place one slice on each steak. Rewrap remaining butter; refrigerate for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 319 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 11, 2013
My husband loves blue cheese. this was a perfect and easy recipe for a weeknight. It would also be perfect for a special meal with friends & family.
Mar 15, 2011
Me and almost all my guests found the blue cheese way too over powering. It was good but in very very small quantities. I think using a different cheese would have been better. I did not use near as much rosemary. I felt the recipe was too time consuming and expensive with all the ingredients. I have used store bought (dry rub) marinates that were much better. It wasn't bad by an means but I would probably never make it again unless I tried to alter the recipe.
Jan 30, 2011
Easy and tasty.
Mar 27, 2010
I have made this several times and it is delicious! I don't care for steak but the blue cheese butter makes it delic!
Mar 24, 2009
I would use less rosemary. Had a very over powering taste.