Sirloin Steak Sandwiches
This is a fun sandwich to pack into a brown bag lunch. If a microwave is available, warm it just enough to melt the cheese.—Marlene Wiczek, Little Falls, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Grill steak, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Spread cut side of roll tops with mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish. Slice steak diagonally; place on roll bottoms. Top with cheese and roll tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 490 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Sirloin Steak Sandwiches in Country Woman September/October 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.