The slightly sweet barbecue flavor in this sauce provides mass appeal...and the need to keep eating more wings! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 pounds whole chicken wings
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, barbecue sauce and honey. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add wings a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Transfer wings to a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Honey-Barbecue Chicken Wings in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p60
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Honey-Barbecue Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review