I enjoy entertaining friends at luncheons. They always compliment me on these special little ham sandwiches made on cheesy homemade biscuits. Usually, I use Smithfield ham, but if salty ham is not your preference, any thin-sliced ham works well. —Betsy Hedeman, Timonium, Maryland
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat cottage cheese 2 minutes. Beat in egg and milk until blended. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut out eight biscuits with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Split biscuits in half; spread with softened butter. Place ham on biscuit bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 8 sandwiches.
Originally published as Ham on Biscuits in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p43
Reviews for Ham on Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review