- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef ribeye steak (3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- For relish, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, olives, cilantro, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, oil and garlic.
- Drizzle remaining lemon juice over steak. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before cutting in half. Serve with relish and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Steaks with Greek Relish
"I loved this dish. I typically don't eat a lot of red meat, but I surprised the family with some delicious steak dinners on vacation and this was one of them. It was a huge hit. Everyone looked forward to steak sandwiches for lunch the next day from the yummy leftovers. The relish was amazing. I think I'll use it for other grilling dishes, as well. Thank you for an amazing recipe."
"I thought there were too much onion in the salsa, so next time I will use 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup."