Greek Salsa Recipe
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat pita breads
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning and garlic; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, onion and olives. Drizzle with vinegar mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Cut each pita bread into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining Greek seasoning. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2-3/4 cups salsa and 40 pita chips.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Greek Salsa(5)
Sort By :
This was delicious! I would use this as a bruschetta topping! Had it with pita chips (Stacey's) rather than making my own and it got eaten up at a get together we had. Would definitely make this again.
YUM!!! I made this as directed and it was a hit.... I can't wait for fresh tomatoes this summer.
I get requests to make this recipe all the time. It is great with pita chips or on a bed of romaine as a salad. I made it for one of my friends from Greece and he told his wife to get the recipe! You can not go wrong with this one it is great! I can not think of any tweeking suggestions to improve it - it is good just the way the recipe reads.
This has become a family favorite. Ok - I admit I do not enjoy cutting up cherry tomatoes (so tedious), so I use regular tomatoes that have been deglopped and chopped or a can of petite diced tomatoes that have been drained.
I like this so much - it's become a standard. If I don't have time to make the chips, I just serve it as a salad. I serve the olives on the side to accommodate people with a dislike for them.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Salsa Dip Recipes >