Greek Salsa Recipe
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat pita breads
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning and garlic; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, onion and olives. Drizzle with vinegar mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Cut each pita bread into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining Greek seasoning. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2-3/4 cups salsa and 40 pita chips.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Greek Salsa(14)
Sort By :
I loved this. I've made both but I think I like the Red Wine Vinegar just a little more. I had to leave out the onions for allergies sake. Absolutely loved the Cavender's Greek Seasoning. Makes my mouth water to just think of it. Made it for Bunco and EVERYONE loved the "feta salsa"! Thanks so much for sharing...this is a new favorite.
This was delicious. I made the following changes: red wine vinegar instead of balsamic, Penzey's Tuscan Sunset instead of greek seasoning and Kalamatra olives instead of black olives. I used only 1 teaspoon of the Tuscan seasoning. I think 2 1/2 teaspoons would be too much.
You can buy Greek seasoning in many grocery stores on the baking aisle with the other herbs and spices. The brand name I get is Cavender's. and it comes in both regular and salt free. I've bought it in local Wal Marts and Krogers, so I'm sure it must be available in most large cities.
How do you quarter a grape tomato? I agree add kalamata olives and Greek oregano and it's fine.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Salsa Dip Recipes >