Greek Rice Recipe
My husband is of Greek decent, so I'm always interested in Greek recipes. This dish goes together easily and cooks quickly, plus it costs less than packages rice mixes.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Greek Rice in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p246
Reviews for Greek Rice(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2011
I love Greek food and flavors and while this is good, I personally think itwould be much better if you substitute orzo for the rice. And add peas, which go perfectly with lemon and mint.