- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Sort By :
"My husband and I love this recipe. Instead of loaves I make muffins and reduce the baking time to 30 minutes. I also add a cup of Hersey's Cinnamon Chips. Yum!"
"Wow! So tasty, and the perfect texture. People will be floored that this is gluten free. This went like a dream! I altered the recipe in these four ways...I increased the ingredients by another 50% because I needed a third loaf. I used warmed coconut oil instead of canola oil. I added 1/4 chopped dates to the batter. I added 1/2 t. Cinnamon.And in my oven, possibly because of 3 loaves at a time, perfection in 55 minutes. Enjoy!"
"I'm not gluten free, but I wanted to try a gluten free recipe and settled with this one. I halved the original recipe and baked just one loaf. I also added 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. At first, just looking at the texture of a slice, I thought I wouldn't like it at all. But, I tried it and it tasted great! It was moist, and the flavors are spot on."
"Can this recipe be cut in half? If so would you use1/2 tsp baking soda? I just want to make the 1 loaf just to try it."
"Really tasty; even my friends who can have gluten love it!"