Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
1 slice: 140 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Sep 5, 2019I make this bread at least once a week, sometimes more. My son can't have dairy or gluten, so this is perfect. I will sometimes add dairy-free chocolate chips. I also don't always make it into loaves. It bakes great in a 9x13 pan and the extra batter I use for muffins.
Mar 31, 2019Is a very tasty moist banana bread.
Mar 18, 2019I just made this but with almond flour. I have a mess. The batter turned out very coarse. Help.
Mar 14, 2019Wow this is such an easy recipe to follow....the bread is great as we made it as written. I will make this over and over again. The only thing I added was Chocolate chips instead of nuts (As I had no nuts).
Dec 14, 2018used 1/2 cup of coconut sugar instead of 1 cup. this was really delicious. it made 1 loaf and 12 muffins. i sprinkled the muffins with chocolate chips. They were a winner.
Nov 15, 2018Loved this recipe! I used olive oil instead of canola oil. Instead of sugar I used about 2/3 c maple syrup. Seemed a little soupy so I added an extra 1/2 cup GF flour. My blend of GF flour is brown rice flour, potato starch and tapioca flour so I added 3/4 teaspoon xantham gum. Wasn't too sweet either.
Jun 24, 2018
Excellent recipe. Made just a few adjustments, didn’t add all the sugar (the bananas I had were really sweet) Added some butter, made cake more moist. Perfect recipe.
Jun 14, 2018
I just made this. I replaced the sugar with 1/3 c of Pyure stevia & I used 2c of bobs red mill gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour and I substituted the canola oil with vegetable oil. It tastes wonderful. You can’t taste any difference between the gluten free and regular banana bread. It doesn’t rise as high but it’s very light and moist. Only had to bake for 45 min. Please try it, you will be so happy you did.
Jun 14, 2018
I had to bake for 15 minutes longer than the directions and still it was not fully cooked. This recipe is the worst gluten free banana bread recipe I have ever cooked. I have made so many different gluten free recipies and they were all pretty much fantastic, I didn't relize it was possible to be this heavy gooey mess.
Apr 16, 2018
This is the best gluten free bread I have ever had. I did tweak the recipe slightly:
1. egg whites only
2. added 1 tsp of baking powder
3. no sugar or sweetener - it took about 7 bananas to make 2 cups (organic, tree ripened)
4. olive oil instead of canola
5. added cinnamon
6. didn't add any nuts but would have been lovely