- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Sort By :
"Holy gluten-free deliciousness! This recipe was so easy and honestly just amazing! My baking time was a bit less than what was recommended (mine were done in about 40min not 45-55min), but wow it knocked my socks off. If you LOVE banana bread and have a gluten allergy (or celiac like myself), you will not feel slighted by this recipe. I used Pamela's Baking/Pancake (GF) flour and it made this a superb recipe! It's already a family favorite and will be a recipe I use year after year. :)"
"Best bananna bread ever! I had never made gluten free anything, and this turned out so well! I did make a couple of changes so that didn't have to use sugar:-I omitted the sugar-I added a generous half cup honey-I added an extra quarter cup GF flour-I added an extra half teaspoon baking soda-I added an extra 1/4 teaspoon salt-I baked it for 40 mins (apparently honey can make stuff burn)- I could have even baked it for 35 mins.It was fantastic! I am sure the recipe would be great as is, if you don't do the honey switch. (The honey was plenty sweet btw!)"
"This is the best Banana Bread I've ever made! !! It is so moist and delicious!!! Made is as the recipe shows."
"This is the best homemade banana bread I have made, regular or gluten free. My 23 year old daughter, who has to eat gluten free, was like a little kid because I used to make regular all the time and she's been craving a good gf recipe. It looks like we've found a keeper! She and my husband absolutely loved it. I will be using this recipe from now on. Thank you for sharing!"
"Excellent, would not change a thing!"