- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Sort By :
"First and only gluten free banana bread recipe I'll ever use. Even my husband, chef and gluten lover couldn't get enough of this bread. Substitutions/additions as follows: replaced canola with organic raw coconut oil, and sugar with raw honey. I also added a cup or so crushed pecans, about 1/2 tsp of coconut extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Amazingly moist and wonderful flavor (my husband is NOT a coconut fan)"
"This recipe is awesome! I use my own flour mix and add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. I like spice!! I also just use two large bananas. Everything else exactly to the recipe and I haven't had a bad batch yet! It makes 5 mini loaves. Everyone in the family gets their own loaf, and they never even have a chance to cool!! Thank you for this yummy banana bread recipe!!!"
"This was spot on delicious! I replaced applesauce with greek yogurt and the canola oil with coconut 1:1. It was perfect texture, taste. I pretty much gobbled half a loaf down before it even cooled. Yum!"
"I was surprised to not have to use Xanthan gum powder for this recipe, but I was also intrigued because it was described to 'taste like the real thing'. I included chocolate chips, and guessed at the reduced time for muffins (when they achieved the expected brown colour). Anyway, they turned out slightly dry so I will try removing them sooner next time."
"My family loved this banana bread. My daughter and my husband can only enjoy gluten free recipes. I added dried cranberries to the mix and wow, what a splendid treat."