- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
"only have sweetened applesauce, how would I adjust recipe to use it?"
"I like to wait until I have made a recipe at least 3-4 times before I leave a review. I have made this banana bread recipe over a dozen times. It is excellent. Absolutely perfect (however, I reduce the sugar or else it tastes more like candy than bread). It is absolutely indistinguishable from wheat banana bread, and actually, I think a lot better tasting. Thank you very much for this keeper!!!"
"this is the best bread ever :)!!!!!!!! very fluffy"
"I am amazed. I have experimented with many banana bread recipes and this one is by far the best."
"We were totally impressed with this GF banana bread recipe. It is almost impossible to get a soft, non crumbly bread recipe using GF flour. This one is superb! I did not have any applesauce so I used same amount of apple butter in place of applesauce. Delicious! Thank you so much for this recipe Five Stars for sure"
"Just made this following the recipe with no modifications. The bread is awesome. Could not tell that it was gf. Next time I plan to substitute part of the sugar for stevia."
"Absolutely delicious. Followed the recipe to the letter. Awesome!!!!"
"Really enjoyed it! I didn't have apple sauce so I used greek yogurt and extra vanilla. Still turned out great!"
"Excellent recipe - tastes great! We did make a couple changes to accommodate our ingredients and our taste. We had homemade sweetened applesauce, so we cut the amount of sure in half. We doubled the vanilla because we like vanilla. No nuts this time. Perhaps next time we will add in dried cranberries or raisins."