- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Sort By :
"The banana bread was super moist, very tasty. However this doesn't have the rise of a normal banana bread which is usually about 3 to 4 inches high. this was about 2 inches high."
"Easy recipe. Moist, flavorful bread. I forget it is gluten free when eating it! Inexpensive breakfast or snack. Will make this my go to banana bread recipe!!"
"I made this and shared it with my neighbors, they didn't even know it was gluten free. I told them and they couldn't believe it. It is very moist and I gave it the three day test, it's still good and moist. Plus the best part, I didn't change a thing from the recipe above."
"this one is a keeper - and I would like to share one or two of my modificationsI used one cup of GF flour and one cup of coconut flour (also GF) and I added and extra half a teaspoon of vanilla - very Yummy indeed"
"This was the greatest gluten free banana bread ever. The only substitution I did was I did half coconut oil with half canola oil. I also added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. I took a loaf to work and it vanished in seconds with many requests for the recipe as they could not tell it was gluten free because it was so moist and flavorful."