- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Sort By :
This is the best gluten free recipe for banana bread so far. I have family try it and surprised I used gluten free flour as it tastes like the real thing and so moist! I was skeptical how soupy it is with all the ingredients mixed together. Don't be alarmed with the "soupiness" as it bakes perfectly. I made my own gluten free flour and followed the recipe to the T. Next time, I will try to substitute with coconut oil vs. canola oil.
At last a moist, delicious GLUTEN FREE banana bread recipe!! I used one cup Gf all purpose flour and one cup brown rice flour bc that's what I had on hand. I also substituted coconut oil for the canola oil and stevia for the sugar. Thanks for sharing! Honestly, it taste like a great cake! Delicious!!
I can't review flavor yet as it's currently baking away but the recipe was simple and quick! A few changes though: Splenda in place of sugar, three egg whites & one whole egg (we're watching our cholesterol intake), homemade fruit sauce instead of apple sauce and since everyone commented about "soupy" batter I added a 1/4 cup of hemp seeds to think and add a little extra nutrition punch. Let you know how it tastes!
Fantastic! I subbed the apple sauce & oil for equal amounts coconut oil, & used 1 &1/2 cup brown sugar. It came out dense & moist & actually held it's shape when I cut it! Plus it's the first banana bread I've baked that only took 45min to cook. Will make again!!
Fantastic recipe! Taste like the 'real' thing! A real winner!