Eggs Benedict Casserole Recipe
- 12 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish; top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole. Yield: 12 servings (1-2/3 cups sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Eggs Benedict Casserole(44)
Sort By :
Delicious. I skipped making the Hollandaise sauce from scratch and used a packet that I already had on hand. This one's a keeper!
Following the recipe exactly, I found this recipe to be a typical souffle type breakfast dish. My wife decribed it as bread pudding with ham. If I were to make this again, I would use a shallow pan and bake uncovered the entire time to crisp up the muffins. Flavors were good, but the texture was just to mushy.
This was excellent! Loved being able to put it together the night before and just have to make the sauce in the morning. I made 1/2 recipe of the casserole, but a full recipe of the sauce. I recommend doubling the sauce if making a full casserole.
I made this for our brunch today; however, since it's just my husband and me, I cut the recipe in half. We both enjoyed it and I will definitely make it again!
This recipe is very simple and easy to put together. However we found the flavor to be basic and expected due to the nature of the ingredients. Would suggest adding fresh herb of your choice to give it flavor interest beyond the base ingredients of eng muffins, canadian bacon and eggs.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >