Pantry ingredients and fresh or frozen fish make this tasty entree a snap. —Candy Summerhill, Alexander, Arkansas
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, dressing mix and seasoning. Coat fillets with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumb mixture.
- Place fillets on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Coated Cod Fillets in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crumb-Coated Cod Fillets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review