- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, dressing mix and seasoning. Coat fillets with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumb mixture.
- Place fillets on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crumb-Coated Cod Fillets(5)
Sort By :
Very, very tasty and flavorful. Fearing not thick enough, I double-coated one fillet but it was just too much breading; original recipe is correct amount. Flavorful and easy to make.
I made this for supper tonight just as written except I drizzled each filet with a scant teaspoon of olive oil after all the breading was on . They were delicious, restaurant quality and I will be making them again.
We all ate it but I thought it was dry.
This is a very easy and tasty recipe and I have used it on other types of fish too.
My Husband cooked this last night for dinner and it was fantastic. This would be a great dish to serve to company. Very elegant and tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >