Cottage Pie Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up meat into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in flour, herbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until blended. Add broth; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Stir in peas; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Top with mashed potatoes; if desired, sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cottage Pie(2)
Sort By :
Great recipe and use of left overs! We used ground pork in ours and the kids devoured it. I almost didn't even get a helping myself. Other than the pork, we used some dried celery from our garden because we didn't have any celery ribs.
Great taste. The spices smell great while it's baking!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >