- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing with roasted red pepper and Parmesan
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 14 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Colorful Spiral Pasta Salad
"I added red peppers and peas with only 2 cups of brocolli as husband not a fan of brocolli. I think zuchinni would be good too. It was delish!"
"Made this for a potluck and it was a big hit. It was so colorful andtasty!"
"This is the best salad for home or to take anywhere. You can add any vegetables you like...fresh sweet peppers, onion, mushrooms, asparagus, chopped carrots...and the bowl always ends up cleaned of the last bit. Even if you keep it a day or so, the flavors are even better. I especially like Feta or Parmesan cheeses."
"Easy, healthy and oh so good!"
"I have made many versions of this recipe, and I have found that adding some FETA CHEESE is a wonderful addition to this dish. Also I tend to add Green and Red Bell Peppers since my kids like them so much."
"A summer favorite. I add a green, a red, an yellow and an orange sweet pepper."
"quick, easy, and very good!!!!"
"quick, easy, and delicious. As someone else mentioned, shredded mozzarella turns this into an A+ dish for potlucks."