- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Tortilla chips
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add chilies; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add small amounts of cheeses and milk; stir until melted after each addition. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili con Queso
Sort By :
"Also reducing the milk amount will help the watery-ness. Good flavor though!"
"A bit too watery. Drain the chiles if possible and cut the butter to 1 tbsp. this may help. Otherwise very tasty. Could use Rotel instead of the chiles or add some chopped jalapeño to add the kick you want. Very nice and open to customizations which is nice. Will definitely try again come Superbowl time."