- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Mash avocados with garlic and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forHomemade Guacamole
"As much as I generally love Taste of Home recipes, if you see a guacamole recipe that includes mayonnaise, run the other way!"
"I love this guacamole I will share this with my friends and I will give this the best rating there is.????????????????????"
"Super easy recipe! Added a touch of jalape?o for heat, and doubled the garlic, because...well, I LOVE garlic!"
"My friends love this. I bring it to our monthly game nights because they always request it."
"I used red onion and a small amount of salsa - got rave reviews from my guests."
"GREAT taste and easy to follow recipe!!!"
"easy and oh so tasty."
"Super easy and yummy!! I love the taste of cilantro. Next time I will add chopped tomato!"
"This was a super easy and very tasty recipe. I like how simple it is to make and the freashness of the taste. My best fried and I ate almost all of it by ourelves."