- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Mash avocados with garlic and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forHomemade Guacamole
"Super easy recipe! Added a touch of jalape?o for heat, and doubled the garlic, because...well, I LOVE garlic!"
"My friends love this. I bring it to our monthly game nights because they always request it."
"I used red onion and a small amount of salsa - got rave reviews from my guests."
"GREAT taste and easy to follow recipe!!!"
"easy and oh so tasty."
"Super easy and yummy!! I love the taste of cilantro. Next time I will add chopped tomato!"
"This was a super easy and very tasty recipe. I like how simple it is to make and the freashness of the taste. My best fried and I ate almost all of it by ourelves."
"If you don't plan on eating the guac right away, I highly recommend 2 tips. 1. Rinse the chopped onions in water before adding to the guac - otherwise it will overpower it. 2. Add the pit of one avocado to the guac and cover it with plastic wrap so the wrap touches the surface of the guac. It will last much longer this way."
"A good starter but added garlic and garlic salt with a dash of cayenne."