- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Mash avocados with garlic and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forHomemade Guacamole
"Great recipe. This is how I taught my son to make guacamole, except we leave out the mayo. We also use either Sea salt or Kosher salt. Fresh cilantro is great, but dried can be used if necessary. Again wonderful."
"This may be the best guacamole we've ever had! Never thought of adding mayo but it worked perfectly! Didn't have cilantro, so used fresh parsley. We loved it!! It paired perfectly with the chicken enchiladas I served it with.This will be my new go-to guacamole dip! Fabulous recipe!"
"As much as I generally love Taste of Home recipes, if you see a guacamole recipe that includes mayonnaise, run the other way!"
"I love this guacamole I will share this with my friends and I will give this the best rating there is.????????????????????"
"Super easy recipe! Added a touch of jalape?o for heat, and doubled the garlic, because...well, I LOVE garlic!"
"My friends love this. I bring it to our monthly game nights because they always request it."
"I used red onion and a small amount of salsa - got rave reviews from my guests."
"GREAT taste and easy to follow recipe!!!"
"easy and oh so tasty."